(Coming soon, GRAD GAME theory, or how to lead a great life!)
Consider yourself a hostage, if you are led by what others want and are without clarity about what you want.
Think about it! Is codependency with politics what you want for yourself for the next four/eight years? Another possibility is to make this a time of growth and even transformation for yourself, along with others for whom you might care. In other words, choose to live this time of stress and trial wisely so you can come through it well.
Being bound to what others want for you, without a discernable definition for yourself – of your self, is one of the main characteristics of codependency.
Being snared in this trap, in and of itself, is a sure warning to me, if and when I find myself subjected to this GAME to get myself out of it! Staying in ensures a diminishing of the health and well-being I strive so arduously to maintain on a daily basis through nutrition and exercise, tending to my relationships, spending time in nature etc.
How about you? What, where and how do you finally come to realize that you are being led like a sheep by the politicians, the media and the internet, along with whatever else you are being pulled into– and – thus not leading YOUR OWN LIFE?
Add to that minimizing of your true personhood, being a follower of a gang of others who are intent on fighting (i.e. Republicans and Democrats, the media and other special interest groups) and you have made a deal with the Dark Side.
Do you not yet realize you do not need to fight what is now touted as he war now going on in our society and politics?
Now why would you want to do that, unless you do not value the days of your life?
Look again. Here is a place to now re-read Jonah Goldberg’s article, "Trump’s Relationship With Media is One of Codependency,” to help yourself see if you are also in the GAME, or not!
(I have found a number of other articles on Goldberg’s same theme; the craziness surrounding our political climate that hooks all of us in with it through abuse of our news outlets (i.e. what the media is doing to itself as well as how it is being used nefariously by others) that we depend on for the NEWS we truly need to connect us with the world and our place in it. I will post them too, as I locate their links.
Here's one by Ben Shapiro, Addicted To The Apocalypse.)
Beware politics and the media are addictive activities, seeking your undivided attention; your dependency on them for your daily sustenance like a drug!
So who is in control of your life? If it’s not you, is that something you truly want?
Giving up oneself to be led by others is a Survival Driven activity; in other words this giving up of self is an addiction, a manifestation of living your life in darkness. Check it out!
It puts you in the position of living like sheep, mindlessly
Here are some things to learn, or remind yourself of, to get out of the codependency trap of our current society and politics.
- How to identify a power/aggressive addict (See underlying identifying characteristics here and behavioral characteristics here. Want to have some fun, take this inventory a if you were someone else in high visibility these days whose behavior you think is a bit over the line; Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Morning Joe co-hosts. Want to have some fun, take this inventory a if you were someone else in high visibility these days whose behavior you think is a bit over the line; Trump, Hillary, Bernie, Morning Joe co-hosts.);
- What to do about power/aggressive addicts when they show up in your life and/or those close to you, personally and/or professionally.
- How co-dependent personalities intertwine their passive addictions with the power/aggressive addict to foster a whole multitude of problems. For example: sleepless nights worrying about our political state of affairs, high anxiety about same, excess amounts of time obsessing about what you hear or read about politics, politicians, the media and/or entertainment such as comedy that keeps you still in the GAME.
Bottom Line Here:
- Get out of the GAME! Get back in charge of your life;
- Survival driven behaviors; those that are yours or that you attach yourself to; take you down into darkness;
- Find light! Your Light is essential, especially now!
- Go back and read Jonah Goldberg’s article, Trump's Relationship With The Media Is One Of Codependency, to remind yourself of the GAMES the politicians and the media are playing;
- Re-read the beginning of my article, Survival Games Power Addicts And Co-Dependents Play, to remind yourself of the objectives here for healthy, well-balanced living;
- Go out and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air today;
- Take a long walk with family and/or friends and forget the highly charged drama going on around you.