This book is a primer on the mysterious capability of the personality’s most powerful biological influence, the survival instinct, described in terms of the basic principles of Transactional Analysis (TA). (Ms. Rosen-Jones is a Certified Clinical Transactional Analyst, credentialed 1981.)
This mysterious capability of the personality’s most powerful biological influence that I sometimes call the Force manifests itself in the form of a rebellious or defiant aspect of the Inner Child. We identify this facet of the Inner Child as the Rebellious Survivor Child, Rebellious Survivor Inner Child (RSC), Survivor/Addict or Adrenalin Addict. It can be used for good or ill.
The Groder-Rosen Addiction Development theory (the GRAD theory, earlier referred to as the SAD theory (the Survivor Addiction Development theory) also identifies this personality manifestation as the Dark Side or Dark Side Warrior in its least life-affirming mode. Transformed to its highest level of human development, GRAD identifies it as the Compassionate Warrior, the Inner Warrior Hero or the Light Side.
Darth Vadar of the movie Star Wars exemplifies the Dark Side or Dark Side Warrior. Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Nelson Mandela epitomize the Inner Warrior Hero. The Dali Lama and Murat Yagan, New Horizons community development mentor, also personify the Inner Warrior Hero who incorporates the steadfastness of the warrior with the capacity for a wonderously boundless love of humanity in all its frailities.
Along with Mother Theresa these Inner Warrior Heroes typify the Compassionate Warrior, a being who has mastered the art of turning warrior or fire energy into love, passion and creatitivity along with a well-balanced capacity for excellence in all human affairs.
Surviving (Adrenalin) Addictions Table of Contents
- Introduction: Surviving (Adrenalin) Addictions
- Do You Have A Survivor/Addict Personality?
- Surviving: Scripts and Survival Scripts
- The Survivor Hero’s Journey
- Ego States and (Adrenalin) Addictions
- The Developing Inner Child
- The Path Through Denial
- The Survivor Addict
- Stroking The Rebellious/Survivor Inner Child
- Energy and Power In the Rebellious/Survivor Inner Child
- The Bridge of Empowerment
- Diving To The Depths I: The Surface Script
- Diving To The Depths II: The Survival Script
- Diving To The Depths III: Initiation