(The artwork below depicts what I see and feel about these assumptions. See artwork at bottom of page.)
These assumptions/premises include –
- Every person has an instinctual survivor trait embedded in their biological and psychological nature, manifesting itself, most explicitly, through his/her personality in interpersonal relationships. Thus becoming an intrinsic part of the world surrounding them;
- This personality aspect, at its core, is a savage relic of human existence, typically buried beneath a “platform of social ideals,” that serves to mask this potentially deadly trait;
- Masking -- one of the survival instinct's protective manifestations -- serves humanity on certain levels which will be discussed in this book, Surviving (Adrenalin) Addictions, yet simultaneously defeats its highest aspirations;
- For the purposes of this book, this survival instinct, manifest by way of the personality, is identified as the Rebellious Survivor Inner Child (RSC) or the Force in its unadulterated state;
- In its tainted form we call it the Dark Side, the Dark Side Warrior, Little Fascist or inner Convict self;
- In its purified state we refer to it as the Light Side, the Spiritual Warrior, Inner Spiritual Warrior or Compassionate Warrior.
- Love, compassion, caring, connection and balance are pathways out of the Dark into the Light.
- This book is offered as a guidebook for would-be adventurers who would have it otherwise than the Dark; that humanity could and would ascend to its higher nature.
(The artwork displayed for this chapter and throughout the book in its entirety was designed specifically for this book by artist, Persephone. The artwork and the accompanying epigraph are the symbols I selected to best represent how I see and feel the presence of the Dark Side.)